The following tips are the result of searching for solutions for problems encountered during work. So these tips are tested solutions discussed in the online forum and blogs.
How to post XML data in controller spec
XML=<<-xml_string <payment> <transaction-time>2012-05-16T21:02:08Z</transaction-time> <payment-amount>20000</payment-amount> </payment> xml_string
request.env['content_type'] = 'application/xml' request.env['RAW_POST_DATA'] = some_long_xml_string post :create
Use VCR Webmock with RSpec
Add the gems to the Gemfile under test group:
gem "webmock" gem "vcr"
as the first line in spec_helper.rb
VCR.configure do |c| c.cassette_library_dir = 'spec/fixtures/cassettes' c.hook_into :webmock c.ignore_localhost = false c.allow_http_connections_when_no_cassette = true end
inside the configure block.
Ace the Technical Interview
- Easily find the gaps in your knowledge
- Get customized lessons based on where you are
- Take consistent action everyday
- Builtin accountability to keep you on track
- You will solve bigger problems over time
- Get the job of your dreams
Take the 30 Day Coding Skills Challenge
Gain confidence to attend the interview